Facts About Human Scalp Hair
Human scalp hair makes any human good looking. Hair care is one of most interesting and hard thing in their life. So you have to learn facts about human hair.
- Hair grows about 1 cm every month
- Hair is made mostly of a protein called keratin
- Human facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body
- Average we lose 50 to 100 strands of hair a day from the scalp
- Human hair grows faster in warm weather because it stimulates hair growth
- Cutting your hair does not affect in any way the rate of hair growth
- The person on the average has up to 100,000 to 150,000 hair strands on his or her head
- There are two main types of hair that the body produces, vellus hair and terminal (or androgenic) hair
- Hair fibers or strands, grow from an organ in the area under the skin called a follicle
- The only “living” part of a hair is found in the follicle as it grows. The hair strand above the skin has no biochemical activity and so is considered “dead”.
- On average, the lifespan of a human hair is 2 to 7 years.
- The hair on our scalp goes through 3 phases, the anagen phase, catagen phase, and telogen phase.
Hair Loss in Scalp
Hair loss, including thinning and breaking, is the most common scalp problem. Most people lose scalp hair from 50 to 100 hairs per day.
Hair gradually thins as people age, although not all people are affected to the same degree. Hereditary thinning or balding is the most common cause of thinning hair. It can be genetic from either your mother’s or father’s side of the family. Women with this trait develop thinning hair, while men may become completely bald. The condition can start in the teens, 20s, or 30s.
Nepal plastic surgery hospital have solution to regrowth of your naturally lost hair. We are specialist in hair transplant and make it re-growth. Call for appointment