Burns are one of the most common injuries, especially among children. Burn means more than the burning sensation associated with this injury. Burns are characterized by severe skin damage that causes the affected skin cells to die.
People can recover from burns without serious health consequences, depending on the cause and degree of injury. More serious burns require immediate emergency medical care to prevent complications and death.
Please use first-aid treatment as written below for burns:
- Soaking / Treat the wound with cool water for five minutes or longer.
- Remove rings or other tight items from the burned area
- Don’t break small blisters (no bigger than your little fingernail)
- Protect Burn such as Cover with sterile, non-adhesive bandage or clean clothes
- Taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain relief.
- Apply lidocaine (an anesthetic) with aloe vera gel or cream to soothe the skin.
- Use an antibiotic ointment and loose gauze to protect the affected area.
After applying first-aid you probably need to run for doctor. If you get burn seriously don’t wait, rush to hospital. The early you get to hospital the early your injuries get treat well. Nepal Plastic Surgery Hospital is always prepared for patient who is severely burn. We have dedicated and experienced team of staff and doctors, operating day to day surgery and burn injuries. So you should trust us in such burn cases treatment. We are located at Hattiban Lalitpur, Nepal about 1.5km from Satdobato main Road.